If you’re looking for new and different form of enrichment for cats, you might consider nosework for cats! Though usually thought to be an activity for dogs, cats are more than capable of participating with it as well.
In this episode, I chat with Hanna Fushihara, owner and founder of Nosework Cats, all about cat nosework – what it is, how to participate with it, the benefits, and more!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me to continue creating helpful content. Don’t worry – I would never recommend something I don’t like or use myself!
Overview of the Episode
- How Hanna got into nosework for cats
- What is nosework?
- Food puzzles – are they a type of nosework?
- The benefits of nosework
- Training nosework vertically in addition to horizontally
- What to do if your cat is not food motivated
- Knowing when to increase the difficulty of your nose work activities
- How your cat’s personality and preferences com into play
- Types of nosework games
- The Nosework Cats online course
- Doing nosework outside
Resources & Recommended Gear
Live Video Episode Replay
Where to Find Hanna and Nosework for Cats
Did you enjoy this episode? SUBSCRIBE and LEAVE A REVIEW!
To share the love and support what I do, I’d appreciate if you left a review for my show! This will help more people find it and learn more about traveling and adventuring with their cats.