Contrary to popular belief, indoor cats are actually quite high-maintenance. Without a lot of mental and physical enrichment, they become bored, depressed, and unhealthy.
In this episode, I chat with veterinarian Dr. Lynn Bahr about the importance of enrichment for indoor cats, and the benefits of outdoor adventures and exposure.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me to continue creating helpful content. Don’t worry – I would never recommend something I don’t like or use myself!
Overview of the Episode
- the potential health risks and limitations of keeping cats strictly indoors
- ways to safely let your cat explore outdoors
- why cats don’t get the same considerations that dogs do
- reasons veterinarians might caution against outdoor adventures
- the fear based mentality of people with cats
- the dangers of tethering a cat outdoors
- ways to enrich your cat’s indoor life
- the cruelty of declawing
- enrichment ideas from live viewers
- the importance of scent enrichment
Resources & Recommended Gear
Live Video Episode Replay
Where to Find Lynn
Did you enjoy this episode? SUBSCRIBE and LEAVE A REVIEW!
To share the love and support what I do, I’d appreciate if you left a review for my show! This will help more people find it and learn more about traveling and adventuring with their cats.