The cold weather is here, and you’re thinking that means your adventuring has to come to a halt until the weather warms back up. While not every cat (or human) will enjoy winter adventures, the good news is the cold doesn’t necessarily have to mean a break in adventuring. With some gear and preparation, you and your cat can enjoy those snowy outings together.
In this episode of the KittyCatGO Adventure Podcast, I chat with Stephanie Ketterer all about winter adventures with your cat. Everything from safety to tips to gear recommendations, Stephanie has lots of advice to share.
Overview of the Episode:
- How Stephanie got started adventuring with her cats Mike and Betty
- How to determine if it’s too cold to go out with your cats and how long you can stay out
- Whether or not cats need to wear coats and how to tell if its necessary
- Recommended gear items for winter adventures
- Using a sled to pull your cats in the snow
- Dealing with off-leash dogs
- Wearing booties and training your cat to wear booties
- Selecting the right gear
Resources & Gear:
Blog Post: Homemade Lickable Cat Treat Recipe
Blog Post: Dealing with Off-Leash Dog Encounters
Threadz N Tails – custom pet clothing
Where to Find Stephanie:
Facebook: The Adventures of Mike and Lily
Did you enjoy this episode? SUBSCRIBE and LEAVE A REVIEW!
To share the love and support what I do, I’d appreciate if you left a review for my show! This will help more people find it and learn more about traveling and adventuring with their cats.