If you adventure outdoors with your cat, ticks are something we all must consider. They are not just a pesky nuisance – they can also transmit diseases to both humans and cats.
In this episode, I chat with Jonathan Weber from TickCheck all about tick safety and prevention – from the types of diseases cats can get, to how to properly remove a tick, to methods of tick prevention, this is an must-listen episode if you venture outdoors with your cat!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue creating helpful content. Don’t worry – we would never recommend something we don’t like or use ourselves!
Overview of the Episode
- About TickCheck
- The dangers of ticks – diseases and pathogens known to be carried by ticks
- Cats and lyme disease
- Tick diseases cats are most prone to getting
- Checking yourself and your cat for ticks
- How tick disease transmission works
- Tick lifepsan in your home
- The tick life cycle
- The many species of ticks (tick identificaiton guide)
- How to properly check for and remove ticks from yourself and your cat
- Methods of tick prevention
Resources & Recommended Gear
- Blog Post: What to Do About Cats with Ticks
- TickCheck Tick Remover Kit
- TickCheck Tick Testing – use code KITTYCATGO for 10% off
- Free tick identification
Live Video Episode Replay
Where to Find Jonathan
Did you enjoy this episode? SUBSCRIBE and LEAVE A REVIEW!
To share the love and support what I do, I’d appreciate if you left a review for my show! This will help more people find it and learn more about traveling and adventuring with their cats.