If you adventure outdoors with your cat, ticks are something we all must consider. They are not just a pesky nuisance – they can also transmit diseases to both humans and cats.
In this episode, I chat with Jonathan Weber from TickCheck all about tick safety and prevention – from the types of diseases cats can get, to how to properly remove a tick, to methods of tick prevention, this is an must-listen episode if you venture outdoors with your cat!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue creating helpful content. Don’t worry – we would never recommend something we don’t like or use ourselves!
Overview of the Episode
- About TickCheck
- The dangers of ticks – diseases and pathogens known to be carried by ticks
- Cats and lyme disease
- Tick diseases cats are most prone to getting
- Checking yourself and your cat for ticks
- How tick disease transmission works
- Tick lifepsan in your home
- The tick life cycle
- The many species of ticks (tick identificaiton guide)
- How to properly check for and remove ticks from yourself and your cat
- Methods of tick prevention
Resources & Recommended Gear
- Blog Post: What to Do About Cats with Ticks
- TickCheck Tick Remover Kit
- TickCheck Tick Testing – use code KITTYCATGO for 10% off
- Free tick identification
Live Video Episode Replay
Where to Find Jonathan
- Website: TickCheck.com
- Facebook: @TickCheck Tick Testing
Did you enjoy this episode? SUBSCRIBE and LEAVE A REVIEW!
You can subscribe and listen to the KittyCatGO Adventure Podcast through Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, and anywhere else you might listen to podcasts.
To share the love and support what I do, I’d appreciate if you left a review for my show! This will help more people find it and learn more about traveling and adventuring with their cats.
Leave a Reply